Online Shopping is today the most convenient and exciting way of shopping. It caters to every income group and therefore has a wide customer base. It allows customers to buy goods and services from sellers or merchants using the internet. Many people find this the most relaxed form of shopping, more so from the convenience of their home. It also has its advantages and disadvantages, that should be kept in mind to make shopping a pleasure.
Online Shopping lets you to shop from your home. You can relax before your computer or laptop and browse from various shopping portals. Some advantages include the following:
- You do not need to get dressed and ready yourself and the family for driving down to the shopping mall. Neither do you need to walk from shop to shop exploring variety of products.
- Facilitates ease of comparison of products and prices. Online business owners therefore, price their products competitively as pricing plays a major decisive factor for customer decisions. Reviews that are available online will also give you an insight on the products you want to buy.
- You get a wide range of merchandise at these shopping sites, unlike the availability of certain brand or limited categories in physical stores.
- You do not have to listen to unwanted sales talk. Usually the salesman at any store tries to push products where they generate more margins. They tend to influence the customer decisions. You may also end up buying things which was not in your buying list! Online shopping, will prevent you from impulsive shopping.
- You can be away from the crowd and do not need to stand in queues at the cashiers counter.
- Discuss with the family before finalising your product purchase. This kind of comfort zone works very well as likes and dislikes are sorted out within the family before a purchase order is placed.
- No need to take urgent decisions. As online shopping works 24 x 7, there is no need to rush through your purchase, unlike in stores where they have fixed time of operations.
- Purchasing certain items at stores can be embarrassing and create awkward situations in the presence of curious onlookers.
- Easy payment modes. Some shopping sites offer free delivery and even payment on delivery. Information products like e-books can be downloaded on immediate payment.
Most shopping portals offer discounts, special offers, deals of the day, and even festive offers on various occasions. They also offer a replacement policy at no extra cost. A wide variety of products like apparels, jewelry, computers, electronic gadgets and accessories, health and beauty products, toys and several others are easily available for your shopping pleasure.
While on the subject, it must be kept in mind that there are some disadvantages when you are shopping online. They are, to mention a few:
- The quality of the product cannot be judged merely on the basis of a single photograph, as they can be deceptive.
- You have to wait for the delivery of your items which you could otherwise pick up from a store instantly.
- Unreliable shopping sites can sell off inferior products, which you may not be able to replace.
- There are no contact points where you can discuss or bargain further.
- Risks involved in credit card/ debit card transactions.
In spite of these disadvantages, online shopping is becoming more and more popular as the advantages favour not only the busy executives but also the house wives and the young generation.
Consider shopping from well known e-retailers. If you carefully analyse and take care of the above, your online Shopping will be an experience that you will enjoy. Check out http://eazyla.com/start-your-online-shopping-in-Taobao-with-Taobao-agent-malaysia.